seamonkey module - replacement for mozilla, mozilla-nightly

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Mon Mar 5 12:15:15 CET 2007

Inside attachments there are all files required to successfuly build
seamonkey - a gtk+-2 based direct replacement for old, legacy and unsecure now
mozilla, mozilla-nightly (source file dated 23-Feb-2006 07:48).

Before applying this module lrm mozilla or mozilla-nightly as this module acts
as ordinary mozilla (99% compability) for external applications (like
plugins) which do not know seamonkey yet.

How to install:
uncompress bz2 archive to zlocal
(you can tune up BUILD script for your needs by editing ./configure
parameters - by default all cool features (including hw acceleration via
xrender) are enabled)
copy sm-xrender.patch to /var/spool/lunar
lrm mozilla
(or mozilla-nightly)
lin seamonkey

You can run application by executing mozilla or seamonkey.
I use seamonkey since first usable version (December 2005)

A short history (what's seamonkey?)
Seamonkey is the project which picked up mozilla development there where it
was dropped. With all security bugs fixed and new html rendering engine (same
as in firefox 2.0.0.2) but using well known classical outlook and integrated
irc, mail or html composer Seamonkey is modern high quality web browser.

If you see me on irc recently I use it via seamonkey irc client :-)

have a nice day,
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski