RFC: removal of gtk+ and gnome-1.x from moonbase

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Mon Mar 5 11:35:32 CET 2007

There is no reason to delete old gtk+ modules and waste good work of
maintainers. Just move it to legacy tarball. Nobody knows when you will have
to use old modules. For example, a  month ago suddenly I needed postgresql
7.3.7 to read old database files. Couldn't find any on svn or google so just
copied binary blobs from other distro. Ugly hack but works. Source of
postgresql 7.3.7 breaks on lunar so probably a patchset was needed. If I only
could have access to legacy postgresql module there would be no problem at
all.

modules in use:
gtk+
xmms
xmms-mad
imlib
modplugxmms
soundtracker

I was going to send new modules with xmms plugins to ML but will better keep
them in zlocal.

If you need to delete something from the list above, warn me so will zlocal
them.

have a nice day,
zbiggy