RFC: removal of gtk+ and gnome-1.x from moonbase

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Sun Mar 4 11:59:01 CET 2007

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 00:01:10 -0800
"Kok, Auke" <sofar at foo-projects.org> wrote:

> 1) more removals that fall in the same category or new categories
> 2) regular cleanups of moonbase
> 3) limiting the size of moonbase going forward
> 4) identifying _must_have_ modules that may not be deleted (again,
> only valid long-term arguments please).
> 5) preventive bitrot maintenance and testing (yearly compile tests
> for every module)

Good call. Yet, the first GTK module you mentioned might as well be the
showstopper:

Its simply out of the question to remove xmms. I'm not in favour of it
still using GTK+-1 of course. I don't even use it anymore (which I
regret at times). Yet, I think that, as a user, I would expect to be
able to use it.

Also, dillo springs to my mind (that could vanish actually when the
dillo developers finally release the next version which uses a whole
new toolkit).

More on the other issues when my headache is gone.

My 2 cents,

Moritz