Module submission - avr

criggenbach@magahugu.net criggenbach at magahugu.net
Tue Jun 12 09:01:26 CEST 2007

Zitat von "Kok, Auke" <sofar at foo-projects.org>:

> Christian Riggenbach wrote:
>> Am Dienstag, 5. Juni 2007 18.29:34 schrieb criggenbach at magahugu.net:
>>> module name       : avr
>>> suggested section : science
>>> update (y/n)      : n
>>> bugfix (y/n)      : n
>>> security (y/n)    : n
>>>

>>> Here are the promised modules for the AVR-microprozessors
>>>
>>> Christian Riggenbach
>>
>> These five modules are the whole toolchain to compile and program the AVR-
>> microcontrollers. the avr module is a profile to install all the others.
>>
>> avr-binutils, avr-gcc, avr-libc are selfexplaining, the avrdude is the
>> programmer.
>
> what is the reason for submitting these packages? It appears to me that the
> functionality of these packages really should be merged in binutils and gcc
> itself instead.... or is that not going to happen?
>
> Auke

hi

these modules are not for x86 or any other pc-platform. they are for
the AVR-microcontroller! so they should not be aplied to gcc or
binutils, because normal users need not to compile code for
microprocessors.

AVR - website: http://atmel.com/products/avr/

AVRs are in opinion the best 8bit uC ever, so i create a module to
keep track of my versions of the toolchain on my HD. when i noticed
that there are geda and pcb modules around, i thinked that somebody
could have interest in uCs and submited these modules. so it is with
"kontrollerlab", which is a IDE for this toolchain and the progammer.

greets

Christian Riggenbach