zlocal and /var/state/lunar/depends.cache

i-hope-they-die i-hope-they-die at inter7.jp
Fri Jun 8 23:40:13 CEST 2007

Thank you 2 very much for the quick replies!

>so.. what is a cache for? i think you can answer your question ;)

well, I think I know what is a cache for..(yeah at least i believe...)
I wanted to know how to update the cache.

>You can recreate the cache by running two commands:

>$ lsh create_module_index
>$ lsh create_depends_cache

>That will regenerate the module index file and after that update the
>dependency cache for those modules.

Thank you for the tip. However this didn't behave like I expected.
I was playing around it 2~3 hours,
but still I  could not get it solved.

Problem is that create_depends_cache doesn't gather infos from
zlocal, since module.index lists original section as the module's section
not zlocal.

But...even after I modified a line in module.index to
something like "imlib:zlocal" from "imlib:graphics",
depends info was not gathered from zlocal.

I think that modules in zlocal is ignored by those commands.
But commands like "$ lvu "what imlib" "lvu where imlib" or others works
with modules in zlocal.
Right now, I don't know a way to update
depends.cache without editing it by hand..

Lastly, I'm sorry that I'm far from an expert,
and I may likely be just a clueless, stupid guy.
The same amount of apology for my bad English as well..