Module submission - pcb-cvs

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Sun Jun 3 20:48:16 CEST 2007

Sunday 03 of June 2007 19:36:32 Kok, Auke wrote:
> > Also because UPDATED was equal to `date -u +%Y%m%d` and the
> > moonbase think this module is updated everyday.
>
> this means that you'll have to bump UPDATED every x days... not very useful
> either.
>
> if you had changed it to:
>
> UPDATED=`date -u +%Y%m01`
>
> it will update automatically on the first day of the month. Perhaps that is
> sufficient for this module?
>
> Auke

BTW: What to do with foomatic-* ?
I redesigned this module some time ago to always download recent version from
linuxprinting on-line database server. Before it used lunar download server
with static and prehistoric foomatic inside.
I tried it today and still works great. The updated field is 20051228 but
foomatic-db is rebuilded every 24h so only new foomatic installations get
recent foomatic. The rest of lunarians who not lined it by hand remains not
updated since 20051228.

Is this UPDATED=`date -u +%Y%m01` legal for all cvs-like modules or we are
going to setup different rules per each module? I would feel better updating
modules knowing there is official rule for dynamic updated= field. The m0x
monthly update looks very good. I think it would be better to set for x
different number per module to avoid big monthly updates on one day.

just MHO,
Zbigniew