1.6.2-beta1 (i686) ISO Released

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Sun Jul 29 08:51:18 CEST 2007

Hi,

We're happy to announce the first beta release of a new series of lunar-linux
installer ISO's. Our new ISO's will be as easy to install as 1.6.1, but pack an
extra punch: This series of ISO's preinstalls a basic Xfce4-4.4.1 desktop with
XOrg-7.2, together with firefox, thunderbird, pidgin, audacious, gimp and a few
other basic desktop utilities.

We hope to make it easy for everyone to both enjoy playing and learning from a
true source distro environment and both be productive quickly. The extra
applications  will give new users a fast start and should install easily on most
(even brand new) hardware with the 2.6.22.1 kernel, but also give the user a
welcome feeling on a freshly installed lunar-linux system.

At 585MB, this is a remarkable ISO that provides a great desktop installation to
start with. I myself enjoyed testing this ISO on new systems, where even the
wireless and 3D (open source radeon driver) worked without any other user
interaction except for the command `startxfce4`. Hopefully you are as lucky on
your hardware ;)

Cheers,

Auke

download it here: