modules wghich does not compile with gcc 4.1.1

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Mon Feb 26 20:01:38 CET 2007

Monday 26 of February 2007 14:25:46 Samuel Verstraete napisał(a):
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:35:00 +0200
>
> Florin Braescu <florin at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> > Here is a succint list of modules which does not compile with gcc
> > 4.1.1 on my system. I use 2.6.19 kernel version and glibc 2.5.

Here are possible (not tested by me - never used gcc4) patches which should
fix gcc 4.1 incompatibilities (probably).

> > mailx
mailx compatibile alternative (rather new - may work with gcc 4.1)
http://lfs.osuosl.org/blfs/view/cvs/basicnet/mailnews.html#mailx
download:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=106236&package_id=182246&release_id=476599
http://cvs.gna.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/patches/indent-build.patch?rev=1.1;content-type=text%2Fplain;cvsroot=pingwinek
> > libstdc++5
libstdc++5 is not supported by gcc4 due to ABI changes 3->4. Do not think
someone will make patch to fix this. Maybe a wrapper will be written somday?
> > ffmpeg
Rumours say svn version might work.
http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/download.html
> > avifile