Migrating from XOrg to XOrg7

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 11 09:19:23 CET 2007

In another thread I wrote:
> now in process of migrating to XOrg7,

I missed out one of the crucial steps described in the XOrg7 migration
guide at http://wiki.lunar-linux.org/index.php/Install_XOrg7 - I failed
to "rm -rf /usr/lib/X11" at the right time, and the brown stuff hit the
revolving air mover when I did it part way through the migration.

Anyway, I now have xterm again, which is what started the whole process,
and xfce4 up and running, so I'm back online. I've run "lunar fix" a few
times, and removed some of the unfixable apps for the moment (eg graphviz)

I have some apps that don't want to rebuild because they have an explicit
depends on %X, which is of course still set to XOrg, which is exiled. What
is the best way to proceed?

I'm looking at moving these modules to zlocal, one by one, removing the
explicit depends on %X and rebuilding. If and when they all build, I shall
change the %X alias and unedit the modules from zlocal again.

Am I just being too careful?
Or can I just change the %X alias and let "lunar fix" work its magic?

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman (and sometimes didgerid*do)