Lunar-1.6.2-beta1 and lvu import

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 19 19:16:30 CEST 2007

> I have an old slow Sony Vaio laptop on which I had installed 1.6.1,
> and I just took a snapshot of what was installed using 'lvu export'
> and also 'lvu installed' and transferred the results to a USB stick.
>
> I'm installing 1.6.2-beta1 at the moment, and it's taking forever
> to compile the kernel, so I haven't even got as far as rebooting and
> following the instructions in 'man lfirsttime' yet.
>
> When is the best time to run 'lvu import' to bring the machine back
> to a similar configuration that I had before? Is it even possible
> across different ISO installations?

Once I had run the "lin gcc glibc gcc ..." command line as recommended
by "man lfirsttime" I copied the snapshot from the USB stick and simply
ran "lvu import snapshot" and everthing worked like a charm[*]

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman

[*] Well, apart from the fact that I screwed the SCSI settings when I
tried to rebuild a more minimalist kernel and then couldn't reboot the
machine, but that was my own stupid fault.