RFC: How about removing mozilla module?

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 3 16:15:04 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 03 April 2007 07:50:06 am Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> RFC: How about removing mozilla module?
> Seamonkey preserves full mozilla compatibility (design and outlook)
> but offers new secure engine.
> I see no reason to keep mozilla module in moonbase.
> Mozilla is old (last release June 2006) and unsecure with known holes that
> will never be fixed.
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html#Mozilla
>
> If someone still uses mozilla module please tell me why.
> I think I can help.
>
> Seamonkey wiki and screenshot:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SeaMonkey
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
>
> have a nice day,
> zbiggy

I only rarely use it and generally choose firefox over it, so it's no matter
to me. Seamonkey is built in the same fashion as the mozilla module with
email, etc so don't see a problem there.

Based solely on your link, I'd say move it to deleted-modules but should wait
for others to chime in.

--
Dennis
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.

http://www.lunar-linux.org/
It's worth the spin.