Module submission - flash-plugin

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Wed Sep 13 11:25:41 UTC 2006

> > Warning!
> > If you installed this patch and module installer reports wrong checksum:
> > -disable http proxy and caching in lunar settings before lining.
> > Checksum is good, but lin/lget downloads old unsecure flash plugin if
> > proxy/caching is enabled (on my machine, YMMV).
>
> ??
>
> A "fix" would be to add "CLEAR_CACHE=on" to this module, because the name
> doesn't change. Not nice towards macromedia's download site, but they suck
> anyway.

I did not try this 'fix'. The build script of flash-plugin removes flash
package after install from cache due to reasons you know.

I mean if proxy is enabled lin command always downloaded for me old flash. I
disabled cache usage too but do not know if it has any impact. Just works.
If someone uses proxy, like me, can encounter the same issue.

zbiggy