Exile problem : lunar needs XOrg

Guillaume sirocco at gmx.fr
Fri Oct 20 20:02:30 UTC 2006

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:44:18 +0200, Moritz Heiber <moe at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:55:48 -0700
> Auke Kok <sofar at foo-projects.org> wrote:
>
>> other way is just to `lin XOrg7`.
>
> You really, really, REALLY don't want to do that. It would probably
> mess up ALL of your XOrg installation and leave it in a mess. Please
> follow the wiki guidelines and run 'lunar fixdepends' as suggested.
>
> Regards,
>
> Moritz

lunar fixdepends didn't help at first.
It seems this problem occurs because neither XOrg nor Xorg7 was installed.
I removed again X11R6 as written in wiki and reinstalled XOrg7, after successfull install I was able to lin lunar after "lunar fixdepends".

Problem found during XOrg7 install was due to a missing dep :

checking for RENDER... configure: error: Package requirements (renderproto >= 0.9) were not met:
No package 'renderproto' found
Creating /var/log/lunar/compile/libXrender-X11R7.1-0.9.1.bz

libXrender needs renderproto depend

Guillaume