Module submission - cyrus-sasl

Guillaume sirocco at gmx.fr
Mon Mar 20 18:25:40 UTC 2006

Le Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:49:43 +0000,
sofar <sofar at foo-projects.org> a écrit :

> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 11:19:03 +0000, sirocco at gmx.fr wrote:
> >
> > module name       : cyrus-sasl
> > suggested section : crypto
> > update (y/n)      : n
> > bugfix (y/n)      : y
> > security (y/n)    : n
> >
> > Each time cyrus-sasl is compiled, the old /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf file
> > is
> > destroyed, and all settings are lost, the "if [ ! -e" musn't be set in
> > the BUILD file but in the POST_INSTALL file
>
> The reason for this happens is that the smtpd.conf file is installed OUTSIDE /etc/ - this is a BUG in sasl and should be fixed there rather than creating ughy workarounds like the one you suggested. Can the location of this conf not be moved to /etc/ somehwere?
>
> Auke

workarounds

1)
The conf file can be installed in /etc/.. using the --with-plugindir option. Unfortunatly all plugin must also be is this place, so they must be moved /usr/lib/sasl2 to /etc/.. (because cyrus-sasl will still put them in /usr/lib/sasl2).
So both plugin and conf file would be in /etc/

2)
Creating a symbolink link from /etc/.. to /usr/lib/sasl2 ?

3)
workaround I suggested

I don't know which one is the ugliest, or perhaps I've missed something in the configure option.

Guillaume