a few ideas

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Sat Mar 4 22:50:18 UTC 2006

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 12:01:14 +0000, Jean Michel Bruenn <jean.bruenn at ip-minds.de> wrote:
> Dear lunar community,
>
> i have some ideas cause of Lunar itself, perhaps you like one or more of
> my ideas
>
> 1.) Autoupdates

unlikely that we will ever implement this: First of all most of us are against this and second of all it's the ultimate way to lose all our users quickly.

> 2.) Autooptimizations

the default lunar optimizations are perfect already, especially on the newer ISO's (-i686/-O2)

> 3.) Fastest mirror detection

unlikely that this would benefit most people - a lot of work to implement and possibly hanging up your downloads. User-picked is usually better, especially with sane default mirrors.

> 4.) Security patches/bugfixes

just Like ratler said - this is what we do already. Do you mean to differentiate updates in categories? this has been discussed already earlier, and it would not be workable as lunar can't support it right now at all. I'm not rather fond of something like that, also because there are easier solutions.

> 5.) Timecheck/Statistics

Nice but nothing more than dashboard-gnomes. ;^)

Auke