pylint - submission for new module

Duncan Gibson duncan at thermal.esa.int
Mon Jun 19 07:12:48 UTC 2006

This depends on logilab-common and logilab-astng just submitted:

    "Pylint analyzes Python source code looking for bugs and signs of
    poor quality.

    Pylint is a python tool that checks if a module satisfies a coding
    standard. Pylint can be seen as another PyChecker since nearly all
    tests you can do with PyChecker can also be done with Pylint. But
    Pylint offers some more features, like checking line-code's length,
    checking if variable names are well-formed according to your coding
    standard, or checking if declared interfaces are truly implemented,
    and much more (see the complete check list).

    The big advantage with Pylint is that it is highly configurable,
    customizable, and you can easily write a small plugin to add a
    personal feature."

I just configured all three modules in my zlocal at home, and all
seems to work as expected.

I don't send/receive enough email at home to have bothered setting up
sendmail, or estmp, so can't use 'lvu submit' and I'm not the sysadm
at work so can't install under zlocal here.

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman