xdm init script

Jannis jannis at lunar-linux.org
Thu Jun 1 19:39:46 UTC 2006

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 21:29:55 +0200, Jean Michel Bruenn wrote:

> Dear Lunar Community,
>
> a user from the german lunar community found out that it seems like
> there's no init script for xdm. as an answer to it, he wrote one
> using the init-functions for lunar.
>
> JPohlman said it would be good to discuss it so - Let's discuss who
> wants this init script, and who not? ;-)
>
> Attached the init Script, consider adding it somewhere.

Ok, first of all I don't know how relevant xdm still is. However, there
are init scripts for gdm and Slim, so it is only consistent to privde
one for xdm as well.

What also might be of interest is the question whether XOrg7 will
provide a special module for xdm or if it's still inside of the main
XOrg module (I don't anything about XOrg7, so ...).

If it's just adding an init.d/xdm file to the XOrg module, a mquery
call to turn on/off xdm on boot and about four lines in the XOrg BUILD
script, I vote for it. If the BUILD script already is bloated and xdm
is almost irrelevant today, then we maybe should drop this idea.

Regards,
Jannis