Scribus version question

Jannis jannis at lunar-linux.org
Mon Jul 17 09:22:19 UTC 2006

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:53:38 -0500, Terry Chan wrote:

> Does anyone know why scribus is at the developer release series
> (1.3.x) instead of using the stable release series (1.2.x) ?

Probably because of this:

  "The rationale is that there will be substantial core code changes in
   the next 1.3.4 and 1.3.5 releases, so the team has branched 1.3.3 to
   provide a stable usable development version."

I can't exactly say how usable and feature-rich 1.2.5 is as I always
used the most recent development versions and never had any problems
with them.

> scribus-1.2.5 is clearly labelled as the CURRENT Stable release
> 20060716.
>
> Stop the developer madness of using 1.3.3.2 !!!

My suggestion is to move the current scribus module to zbeta and create
a copy for 1.2.5. Any objections?

- Jannis