gtk+-2 update breaks binary Acrobat Reader

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Fri Jul 7 22:03:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 11:27:58PM +0200, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> Hello!
>
> If you use binary Acrobat Reader from Adobe, after updating gtk+-2 to 2.10.0
> version AR will stop working going into continous loop with error message:
> expr: syntax error.
>
> There are other, open source pdf viewers so this is not big problem.
>
> have a nice day,
> Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski

I have gtk+ 2.10.0 installed and I use the binary Acrobat Reader with no
problems. I have seen the looping you are referring to, but it varies from pdf
file to pdf file. It's the same sort of messages that have always appeared
when viewing pdf files, like "missing fontname blah-blah-blah" endlessly
looping.

The looping is not necessarily related to gtk+-2, is all I'm saying.

Terry Chan