1.6.0-rc2 misc issues FYI

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Fri Jan 27 19:48:47 UTC 2006

just a heads up and FYI for people trying out 1.6.0-rc2. I've spotted several issues of various nature and if you're about to report a bug, please refrain when it's one of these:

* reiserfs creation fails due to man reiserfs misinforming me (you cannot pass -f twice)
* grub code counts cdrom drives as discs (moonbase grub plugin bug)
* lilo code doesn't insert kernel image (moonbase lilo plugin bug)
* various bugs and issues in the mount script (moonbase init.d bug)
* lunar module install log has wrong name (lvu from fails - cosmetic)
* failed kernel compile bombs out too quickly leaving no output on stdout to analyse

most of these can be worked around by performing the step manually by running a shell and chrooting into /mnt btw.

Auke