1.6.0-i686-rc2 released

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Thu Jan 26 23:15:37 UTC 2006

Hi,

Here is the second Release Candidate for the final
1.6.0-i686 series ISO. As with rc1, this is a testing
release and approaches the quality we are looking for
in the -final release. A lot of small bugs in rc1 have
been addressed making this an extremely useful release.

Specifically, this release backups all packages to the
installed system for recovery purposes. Dmidecode was
added to aid hardware discovery - it shows a ton of handy
output on your system's hardware. Ethtool was added as
well. The grsecurity kernels now actually are correctly
built. A few popular lsi/ibm/dell raid drivers are now
supported through modules (megaraid, mptspi, others).
The precompiled server-targeted kernels were heavily
optimized for throughput performance, greatly increasing
PCI offload. Last one nasty hd selection bug was fixed.

download:
http://download.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.6.0-i686-rc2.iso.bz2 (255M)

md5sums:
http://download.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.6.0-i686-rc2.iso.bz2.md5
http://download.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.6.0-i686-rc2.iso.md5

changelog:
http://download.lunar-linux.org/lunar/ChangeLog.iso

Being the second release candidate I expect some minor
bugs to surface once people start testing. Please file
bugs accordingly in the tracker and mark them with the
version of this release.

Enjoy

Auke