[Lunar-commits] r18143 - moonbase/trunk/devel/hal

samuel verstraete samuel.verstraete at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 07:45:39 UTC 2006

hmmm just too weird... i tried this yesterday evening on a 1.6.0 alpha
install and i needed the sedit line...
on my main rig (which is also kernel-headers-2.6 and linux-2.6) hal
simply fails (due to that sedit line...)

i don't get it... could i still have left-overs from the old
kernel-headers or something like that? i think it's a 1.5.0 alpha
install...

gr,S.

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:53:14 +0200
Florin Braescu <florin at lunar-linux.org> wrote:

> Pe data de Lun 16 Ian 2006 21:35, a-ţi scris:
> > Pe data de Lun 16 Ian 2006 20:58, samuel verstraete a scris:
> > > Florin, are you actually sure this compiles??? If i comment that
> > > sedit line i can compile hal... with that line it simply fails....
> >
> >    I'm, positive. As i said it compiles only with that sedit line
> > on my laptop, which is a standard lunar install (no fancy versions
> > installed on it). The same is true for my desktop system which use
> > gcc 4.0.2 and kernel 2.6.15.1. It behaves exactly the same
> > (compiles only with the sedit line).
> >

>   I allways use kernel-headers-2.6 as we agreed some time ago in a
> dev meeting. If you look in /usr/include/linux/cdrom.h you'll see the
> reason why the patch is needed. I supose you don't use
> kernel-headers-2.6
>
>   Florin

Research group Soil Spatial Inventory Techniques
Dept. Soil Management and Soil Care
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
Ghent University

Department of Soil Management and Soil Care
Coupure Links 653 - Block B
9000 Ghent - Belgium

Telephone +32(0)9 264.60.42
Fax +32(0)9 264.62.47