[Lunar-commits] r18096 - moonbase/trunk/libs/expat

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Fri Jan 13 16:18:30 UTC 2006

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:22:30 +0100, samuel verstraete <samuel.verstraete at gmail.com> wrote:
> i probably gonna add a bug-report on this anyway... but that's for later...
>
> I'd like to give all readers of these mailing list a warning... if you
> update expat you will have to recompile pretty much *ALL* modules that
> have XOrg directly or indirectly as a dependency...
>
> it removes the /usr/lib/libexpat.so.0 which seems to be an xml-parser
> and such breaks everything...

mote importantly - it replaces it with libexpat.so.1 - which explains why
a recompile is needed for a bunch of applications.

In this sort of case you should always investigate/attempt to fix using
`lunar fix|nofix` as this will track down the problem. Unfortunately this
will list a large number of applications and the current code will just
hammer through all of them in a brainless manner. Something I'll try
to fix.

Auke