[Lunar-bugs] [Lunar Linux 0000053]: An error in /var/lib/lunar/functions/optimize.lunar

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Thu Jan 5 00:56:44 UTC 2006

Lunar bug reports list wrote:

>Don't know if this related to my problem or not.   After upgrading to
>the latest
>bash and bash_static, it appears that they are not parsing
>optimize.lunar correctly.

there's a stricter parser in bash now - if you have problems you should
immediately upgrade your core toolset (lunar or theedge) - just do a
`lin lunar`. If that fails, you should upgrade it manually as described
on the wiki (hint: run ./install from in the tarball).

>I get a lot of " Unexpected " symbol errors so it skips most of the
>code, whatever I
>try to do with lunar.  Linning the new gcc ended successfully but with a
>cache archive only a few hundred bytes long.  Only ran about 10 seconds
>to "re-lin" gcc.
>Probably the same change or error in bash is going to kill a lot of
>other scripts too.

I doubt this is related but I had some weird artifacts earlier on when
bash-3.1 was initially released. Make sure your box is up-2-date and
rollback bash if you have any problems - then upgrade everything else
first, and then last bash. You can use the bash-3.0-XXXX.tar.bz2 from
the lunar iso's as a safety backup (just copy it to /var/cache/lunar and
resurrect bash or unpack it manually).

Auke