1.6.0-i686-rc3 install ISO released

sofar sofar at foo-projects.org
Tue Feb 7 23:35:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

Here is the third Release Candidate for the final 1.6.0-i686 series
Installation ISO. As with rc1 and rc2, this is a testing release and
approaches the quality we are looking for in the -final release. A
lot of small bugs in rc1 and rc2 have been addressed making this an
extremely useful release.

This release has several feature enhancements over rc1 and rc2. The
most noticeable is the Linux Software RAID tool that allows you
to install Lunar on Software RAID easily. Precompiled SELINUX
enhanced kernels can now be installed, and the server-targeted
kernels should have better IO performance. The installer now uses
normal console logins and fully enabled shells.

download:
http://download.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.6.0-i686-rc3.iso.bz2 (256M)

md5sums:
http://download.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.6.0-i686-rc3.iso.bz2.md5
http://download.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.6.0-i686-rc3.iso.md5

changelog:
http://download.lunar-linux.org/lunar/ChangeLog.iso

We encourage everyone to report all bugs as soon as possible back to us
so we can proceed with the release of 1.6.0-i686-final within a reasonable
amount of time. We currently estimate this at 4 weeks.

Enjoy,

Auke