madwifi-cvs under 2.6.19.1 kernel fails to build

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 13 18:40:12 CET 2006

I wrote:
> Is there anyone else out there using the madwifi-cvs module for their
> Atheros-based wifi card under Lunar?
>
> Just to warn you that the current madwifi-cvs module doesn't build
> under the 2.6.19.1 kernel so don't update just yet. I raised it in
> the bugtracker and with the madwifi team and got the following reply:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.madwifi.user/11926

The madwifi team switched from cvs to svn, so the madwifi-cvs module
was failing to download the current version anyway.

The problem is fixed in svn, and Moe has prepared a new madwifi-svn module
that builds and runs without problem. He also prepared a new madwifi module
to use the last stable tarball, but this doesn't build under 2.6.19.1.
It'll be updated when there's a new stable tarball.

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman