Module submission - firestarter

Chad 'v3rt1g0' Kittel v3rt1g0 at lunar-linux.org
Tue Dec 12 17:31:03 CET 2006

Zbigniew,

On 12/12/06, Moritz Heiber <moe at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> Denied.
>
> I'm sorry but this is NOT the right way of doing it.

Furthermore, I was able to compile firestarter against "the new" dbus.
 And it started just fine.

ldd /usr/bin/firestarter even shows ...
        libdbus-glib-1.so.2 => /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2 (0xb7d2a000)
        libdbus-1.so.3 => /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3 (0xb7cdc000)

Both of which come from the current dbus-glib and dbus.  I'm assuming
those are in there not because of some depends on dbus anyhow, but
more likely because something firestarter links against also links
against dbus?  Check a 'lunar nofix' on your affected machine, do you
get warnings about broken modules related to dbus?

--
 _
(\o/) Chad 'v3rt1g0' Kittel