Module submission - graphviz

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 9 23:55:17 CET 2006

> This is an upgrade from 2.8 to 2.12...

The reason for doing this was to avoid the lunar fix warnings:
/usr/lib/graphviz/perl/libgv_perl.so.0.0.0 of graphviz is broken.
        libperl.so => not found

but after another lunar renew I've got the warning again. Running
locate shows that libperl.so is installed, not in /usr/lib but in
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i686-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so

If I add this to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and run ldd on libgv_perl.so then
libperl.so is found using the full path, as you would expect.

If I 'lin --opts --disable-perl graphviz', then libgv_perl.so is
not created, but unfortunately gv.so is a link to it anyway, so
lunar fix will complain about libgv_perl.so being missing instead.

I offer this for information only.

The only way I can see this lunar fix warning going away is to
create a /usr/lib/libperl.so symbolic link. It would be cleanest
if this were done in the perl module itself. Any comments?

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman