Old modules - gathering stats

Duncan Gibson duncan.gibson at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 29 22:13:31 UTC 2006

>>> As far as getting stats from user installs as to which modules are
>>> being used or installed, I can see a number of issues with that.
>>
>> Another barrier crossed. What else?
>> moonbase version? does that come as part of 'lvu installed' ? Yes!
>
> Bummer. Not quite true.

No doubt there are some web gurus out there who could do better with
mysql and php, but I've put together a prototype 'installed2stats'
script. I'm afraid I don't have an external web server/page to put it
on, but then you want to include your own stats too, no?

Unpack the attached tarball, go to the 'stats' directory and then
run 'lvu installed > myname at myhost', and then './installed2stats' to
give you some crude html pages. View in your favourite browser.

And yes JPohlmann, it was easier to use bash and the existing lunar
functions than start from scratch in Python

Cheers
Duncan / engelsman