Old modules

Dennis Veatch dennisveatch at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 25 14:59:25 UTC 2006

On Friday 25 August 2006 09:43, Zbigniew Luszpinski wrote:
> > i've seen, that there are over 800 old modules in moonbase (Updated
> > 2000-2004). Here you'll find a list:
> >
> > 	http://www.ip-minds.de/oldmodules.txt
> >
> > I tried yesterday to update some of this modules - but most of them
> > aren't really maintained, have no mirrors, or aren't really useful.
>
> False. Some of these modules are maintained but never commited to moonbase.
> Their official life ends in queue on lunar general discussion list or svn
> at ./submissions/new. After 3 ignored submissions such module is never
> again submited. I was told that lunar developers are very busy so I neither
> bother with submitting module updates which never took any attention nor
> ask what is wrong with such module. I appreciate your work and do not want
> to disturb it. However such orphan modules continue to live in underground
> zlocal directory exchange between interested users. This zlocal 'mini
> moonbase' is called 'satellite' because its content circles around official
> moonbase but never lands in it :-)

Yes were are busy and there are not that many of us devs. While I'd like to
say "3rd time is a charm". That does not always happen. So you should not let
that be a deterrence.

And I would like to thank you for your patience on the ones that have been
accepted.

--
You can tuna piano but you can't tune a fish.