PHP/pear problem

Richard Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Fri Apr 21 15:21:36 UTC 2006

I am in process of setting up a new server. I just lined php and
then tried to run pear but get:

Warning: main(Console/Getopt.php): failed to open stream: No
such file or directory in System.php on line 27

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required
'Console/Getopt.php' (include_path='/usr/lib/php') in
/usr/lib/php/System.php on line 27

Going back and checking the install log I find:

Installing PHP CLI binary:        /usr/bin/
Installing PHP CLI man page:      /usr/man/man1/
Installing PEAR environment:      /usr/lib/php/
[PEAR] Archive_Tar: bad md5sum for file
/usr/lib/php/Archive/Tar.php
[PEAR] Console_Getopt: bad md5sum for file
/usr/lib/php/Console/Getopt.php
[PEAR] HTML_Template_IT: bad md5sum for file
/usr/lib/php/HTML/Template/IT.php
[PEAR] Net_UserAgent_Detect- installed: 2.0.1
warning: pear/PEAR requires package "pear/Archive_Tar"
(recommended version 1.3.1)
warning: pear/PEAR requires package "pear/Console_Getopt"
(recommended version 1.2)
pear/PEAR can optionally use package "pear/XML_RPC" (version >=
1.4.0)
[PEAR] PEAR           - installed: 1.4.6
Wrote PEAR system config file at: /etc/pear.conf

This is a machine that was originally installed using  Lunar
Linux 1.6.0-i686-rc3-pre2 (Indium Antimonide) and has been kept
up to date by running lunar update almost daily.

Any suggestions on getting pear to work will be greatly
appreciated.

--Richard