Module submission - libmusicbrainz

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sun Apr 16 18:16:29 UTC 2006

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:55:38 +0200
"Davide \"M3xican\" Coppola" <dmc at dev-labs.net> wrote:

> Auke Kok wrote:
> >> A last question, modules files doesn't support conditional
> >> dependencies, isn't it?
> >
> > it does, the function is called "optional_depends" instead of
> > "depends".
> Yes, I have used the optional_depends function, but it's not what I
> meant. I mean something like:
>
> if(IsInstalled(packageA))
> do this...
> else
>
> we could use a feature like this to have a code like:
>
> if(IsInstalled(python))
>     "ctypes is a dependence"
> else
>     "suggest ctypes as optiona dependence"
>
> And optional_depends doesn't seem to offer this stuff, isn't it?

Well, optional_depends sets the default answer to "y" if the
dependency is already installed, so you just have to press <ENTER>.

Another idea would be to create a CONFIGURE file for the module and
check the output of "lvu installed $MODULE", but that's rather messy
and should not be used, as far as I understood.

- Jannis