Module submission - libsvg

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Sun Apr 16 11:16:40 UTC 2006

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:45:29 +0200
"Davide \"M3xican\" Coppola" <dmc at dev-labs.net> wrote:

> I have some questions, so to understand better the "system".
>
> 1) Why sha1 is preferred to md5?
> 2) Why is not SOURCE_DIRECTORY needed?
> 3) BUILD is not needed cause it's a default BUILD?
> 4) I have added also the MAINTAINER value, it has been removed too,
> so  I suppose that just developers can add that value, isn't it?

1) Because md5 checksums are considered insecure and thus a possible
security loophole

2) $SOURCE_DIRECTORY defaults to $BUILD_DIRECTORY/$MODULE-$VERSION

3) If it contains just configure; make; make install .. yes, that is
covered by the function 'default_build' which is run with every module.
You will notice that most modules only have a DETAILS and probably a
DEPENDS file. Everything else is handled by the coretools. You can take
a look at build.lunar in /var/lib/lunar/functions to find out more
about it.

4) Yes, generally, we only set the MAINTAINER field for developers.

Regards,

Moritz