Module submission - libmusicbrainz

Davide "M3xican" Coppola dmc at dev-labs.net
Sat Apr 15 16:21:15 UTC 2006

bash-3.1# lvu stree libmusicbrainz
libmusicbrainz: expat
bash-3.1# lin libmusicbrainz
Checking dependencies for libmusicbrainz
Building libmusicbrainz version 2.1.2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 8, in ?
    import musicbrainz
  File "/usr/src/libmusicbrainz-2.1.2/python/musicbrainz.py", line 24, in ?
    from ctypes import *
ImportError: No module named ctypes
Creating /var/log/lunar/compile/libmusicbrainz-2.1.2.bz2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 8, in ?
    import musicbrainz
  File "/usr/src/libmusicbrainz-2.1.2/python/musicbrainz.py", line 24, in ?
    from ctypes import *
ImportError: No module named ctypes
! Problem detected during BUILD

The problem is not strictly related to libmusicbrainz, that is
successfull compiled,
but to its python bindings, that use ctypes as you can read in the
README into
the dir python/

I think that it's stupid have python bindings in the library package,
but I'm not the
author of libmusicbrainz, so the best I can get is make everything work
fine.

I don't know why u can compile without errors, but I think that now this
dependence
is necessary.

Cya.

--