problem when compiling sdl

Zbigniew Luszpinski zbiggy at o2.pl
Tue Sep 27 18:09:27 UTC 2005

> >>that would be adding "bad_flags ALL" to the top of the BUILD file of
> >>that module. However this would not clean out optimizations set by the
> >>modules makefiles itself.
> >
> >There is another way I use if any module do not want compile:
> >In optimize.lunar before last bracket insert:
> >export CFLAGS=""
> >export CXXFLAGS=""
> >export LDFLAGS=""
> >
> >this helps if there is really compiler/linker flags problem.
> >Remember to remove them after compiling not compilable module to restore
> >default optimizations.
>
> zbiggy,
>
> this is what 'bad_flags ALL' does as well, but 'bad_flags ALL' does even
> more un-optimization than just this, and is far better than your
> hack/edit. Please use this "bad_flags" method before trying to use other
> ones - it is the preferred and best method there is currently.
>
> Auke

sofar,

yes it's better. However get used to have several CFLAGS (from boring, to the
most crazy one :-)) at end and to switch between them using # to gain
different levels of speed/compability.
Lunar is too restrictive for me not allowing to set complete custom flags,
profiles. It is very good for newbies indeed.
There are 'compiler addons' in lunar menu to partialy change gcc opts but
going thru menu and rewriting config is more boring and less efficient than
moving single # between hardcoded profiles.
Thanks for tip.

greets, 8-)
Zbigniew 'zbiggy' Luszpinski