lin -r

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Sat Sep 3 08:45:33 UTC 2005

Couannette wrote:

> Still failing lin -r -c fortune with the same message :(.

where is your moonbase? where is this 'fortune' module? did you modify it?

> Maybe should I dig in debug mode?
> Can I awk why lin add depends to /var/state/lunar/depends and then
> run_module_file(DEPENDS) ? Is this not the two same tasks done twice ?

it is, lunar does two iterations over all dependencies: once to solve
and once to 'satisy' them (i.e. install). This is not the same.

> I'd rather prefer to have a clean /var/state/lunar/depends file generated during
> lunar update (the famous create_depends_cache function) and the let lin order
> dependencies compilation in a deterministic list. Huh ? Do I'm clear ?

that doesn't make sense, the 'depends' file reflects user choices and
thus cannot be created during the 'lin moonbase' stage: you have no idea
which optional depends a user might pick.

Perhaps try a 'lunar fixdepends' once? In any case, doing a `lin
moonbase` should solve most problems with a developers/svn moonbase
(unless you have the subversion moonbase in /var/lib/lunar/moonbase,
which is very very bad).

sofar