pw_dict

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Sat Oct 29 05:21:40 UTC 2005

Florin Braescu wrote:

>Pe data de Sîm 29 Oct 2005 07:44, Richard Pyne a scris:
>

>>On 29 Oct 2005 at 7:34, Florin Braescu wrote:
>>Doesn't 'lunar update' take care of that? I have run both a
>>'lunar update' and then a 'lunar rebuild' in the last 8 hours on
>>the machine n question.
>>

>  That's right. However it's not working right on your machine ic. Try to lrm
>-nosustain cracklib, if there are some related files left in
>the /usr/share/dict dir remove them and do a lin cracklib. On my machine, if
>i lin cracklib the files are placed in /lib/cracklib. Btw, remove the symlink
>from /usr/share/dict to /lib/cracklib aswell, first of all.

no no no people,

we established a long time ago already that /etc/login.defs points to
the location where the cracklib dictionaries are, and, that on older
systems, this file is not being upgraded on shadow upgrades because the
older lunar iso's installed a /etc/login.defs which was not added to the
list of files that the shadow module installed - alienated.

This means that when you upgrade both shadow and cracklib from an older
system (pre-1.5.0) you will get this problem.

Remove /etc/login.defs and reinstall cracklib and shadow is the proper
solution.

Auke