non-free vs. free packages

DodGeR DodGeR at kannyx.de
Tue Oct 18 16:43:43 UTC 2005

not that I count , I'm jsut a vastly inferior user ..

the way I see it it would be nice to have a distro based way of installing
something i need/want PROPERLY.
i dont have the skill to find the right thing and install it properly.
so if lunar doesnt offer a module for it, then I cant use it.

while 90% of other lunar users might have the skill, u cleary are not
attracting many new users by making things difficult for them.
i have enough time to play around with things in lunar, and i AM going to
master this distro if it takes 50 years - this is NOT true for others.

jsit of my input; to make it easy for Lunar users it'd be nice to have
'popular' apps installable with lin.
if u want to keep it difficult for ppl to switch to lunar then don't add
support for popular apps in lunar.

DodGeR

ps. i love the idea of things that need input working differently to those
not needing user input. nothing pisses me off more then having to provide
answers to things i know nothing about, or kicking something off to find it
sitting there 2 hours later waiting for input.