1.5.2-i686 rc1 announcement

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Tue Nov 15 21:55:13 UTC 2005

Hi all!

I have just released the first official RC for the 1.5.2 series of the
lunar installation iso. This release is will become an update-focused
release, and mainly include a completely set of updated glibc and gcc
packages.

We're closing in fast on a final but would like to take some time for
everyone to help out tesitng and performing QC on this ISO for a moment.
This is needed since the post-install stage requires a lot of time and
attention to test, and I'm focussing on build-issues at the moment. Your
help is needed.

Take special care to read the README this time, there are some changes
in there that might prove important. There are already some known issues
with this release related to recent moonbase changes that are not yet
incorporated into this iso, the -final releases will include these
fixes, but they should not prevent normal operation with this ISO. A
full rebuild will also fix these issues after installation.

Please download the iso from here: (the mirrors might take 2/3hr before
they contain these files!)

ISO:
http://download.lunar-linux.org/lunar/testing/lunar-1.5.2-i686-rc1.iso.bz2

MD5SUMS: