Why it takes so long to include modules in moonbase

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Tue May 31 20:12:35 UTC 2005

Zbigniew Łuszpiński wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thanks for including in moonbase the libksba - module I sent on Tue May 17.
> Could you tell me how to understand dates in modules?
>
> I sent updated libksba module on Tue May 17 2005.
> The internal caption I made was UPDATED=20050516 and
> DETAILS file had the same date.
> Now, in moonbase the internal caption is UPDATED=20050525
> and DETAILS file date is 20050526.
>
> How contributors should fill UPDATED= field?
> Why including working module takes so long?

we currently have not enough developers with time to review user
submissions and sign them off and commit them. This means that modules
that are not considered "interesting" get a lower priority and do not
get committed to moonbase within weeks, sometimes not even alltogether.

If you want to speed up your submission, use the 'lvu edit' and 'lvu
submit' code, which provides us with an easier way to merge your changes.
It also makes sure that we don't have to do the same editing again.

Your submissions are in the TODO box. if you wish to resubmit them using
'lvu submit' then please do, it will help.

sofar