new version of shadow 4.0.9

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Thu May 26 17:45:25 UTC 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 10:50 am, Florin Braescu wrote:
> Pe data de Joi 26 Mai 2005 17:57, Dennis Veatch a scris:
> > It compiles fine (though have not given it a work out) with gcc 3.3.3,
> > Strip, Optimize, Reduce, Combreloc, MMX, SSE, SSE2, dnow and without a
> > patch as 4.0.7 used.
>
>   Yeah, i know about it, but like the 4.0.8 version using it creates a
> bunch of messages at login. Most of them say that some settings
> from /etc/login.defs file are not recognized.
>
>   Florin

Your right. At first I did not notice that as I ssh into the box as a normal
user and those did not show up. After reading your response I then did a su
and it listed a bunch of things before asking for a root password.

Now a question is why did I not see those when sshing as a normal user? Normal
user not using /etc/login.defs?