new version of shadow 4.0.9

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu May 26 14:12:22 UTC 2005

Dennis Veatch wrote:

>On Thursday 26 May 2005 8:58 am, Auke Kok wrote:
>

>>Dennis Veatch wrote:
>>

>>>It compiles fine (though have not given it a work out) with gcc 3.3.3,
>>>Strip, Optimize, Reduce, Combreloc, MMX, SSE, SSE2, dnow and without a
>>>patch as 4.0.7 used.
>>>

>>cool! but can I remind you that you can submit modules more easy by
>>doing `lvu submit $MODULE`? only need to have sendmail/esmtp on your box
>>and a subscribed email address to the lunar mailinglist. Give it a try ;^)
>>
>>sofar

>Oh. Ok, thought that was just for new modules not ones already in moonbase.
>
>OTOH I know zero about sendmail and esmtp :) Though I will attempt a brain
>wrap around those later :)

esmtp is ultra-simple:

lin esmtp

edit /etc/esmtprc so it looks like this:

hostname = your.mail.or.stmp.relay.net:25
qualifydomain = yourdomain.com
force reverse_path = %u at yourdomain.com

the last two lines aren't even needed but forces local usernames to be
delivered to your smtp server as well and works well in private subnets.
You can then setup a LAN SMTP server that really does queueing and
rewrites the local domain name depending on the username, or whatever
you wish

techically only the first line is nedeed, the rest is needed for
automatic translation of local users to a global network name.

sofar