server abuse -> IP blocking

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu May 26 09:00:43 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

With the release of the 1.5.0 ISO we have seen an intolerable amount of
people using broken download agents. This results in a huge amount of
traffic that is lost forever. We have taken action against this and
those who use broken download managers will be BLOCKED immediately from
the main lunar server and possibly mirrors.

To give you an idea: Some people have downloaded over 6 gigabyte worth
of broken ISO's in the last 2 days. That is about 24 ISO's in total!!!
Needless to say that is unacceptable.

Please be nice to our servers and in particular our sponsor, who
gratuitously provides the bandwidth and pays for it. We like to keep him
befriended for much longer.

sofar