gnome2 progress

Jon South striker at lunar-linux.org
Tue May 10 14:55:43 UTC 2005

Auke Kok wrote:
> Richard Pyne wrote:

>>>you need to allow root to connect to your xterm
>>>
>>>as the user running your xsession run xhost +localhost
>>>this allows all users on your system to connect to your xsession
>>>
>>>then su - and lin gdk-pixbuf
>>>

>>That did the trick for that one, but it raises the question, if
>>you are trying to install X with gnome as your only window
>>manager, this appears to mean that you are just out of luck
>>since you can't install gnome2 without a working window manager.
>>

> alternatively, one can 'startx' as root and never have a problem with
> this ;^)
>
> sofar

Why on earth does it even need to do this? I say nuke it.

-Striker

--
The system requirements said "Windows 95 or better"
So I installed Linux.

Microsoft sells you Windows; Linux gives you the house.

v2sw6CUhw5ln4pr5$FPck4ma6/7u8LFw5TXm5l8O$i5e5+7t4TMNSDRAVXb3HOTen6g8+9ZASHCMPa22s6SMr2p6/7
www.hackerkey.com

Registered Linux User: 332618
<http://striker.interhact.net/striker.asc>