theedge: new plugin system

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Thu Mar 24 07:11:25 UTC 2005

Hi!

Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org> wrote:
> The code currently supports plugins for downloading source code over new
> protocols. I have migrated the cvs:// and svn:// handling code to use
> this new plugin system and thus there are no changes to the user or
> module developer.

Great! I will add my darcs support as a plugin ASAP. :)

[SNIP]
> I hope people enjoy the new code and come up with more plugins and other
> parts of the core code that can be modularized.

My standing wish for lunar is for a way to publish and subscribe to
"other" non-official moonbases (groups of modules), just the way you can
with Debian using /etc/apt/sources.list.

I have made a homegrown "solution" for that using zlocal/darcs, but even
though it works great and allows cherrypicking etc, it does force darcs
upon the users, so I don't expect it to ever become part of Lunar (even
though darcs totally blows every other SCM tool away IMHO).

To play with my solution (and to get a bunch of nice modules), check
out:

	http://anakin.bluefish.se/gohu/33

regards, Göran