Lunar on Dell Inspiron 6000 - update

Richard Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Sun Mar 13 09:49:55 UTC 2005

Further digging shows that while XOrg 6.8.2 contains specific
support for the 915G chip, it is still missing the 915GM. The
only place I have found that supports the 915GM chip is the
XFree86 modlues published by Intel.

Having found that, for now I have managed to configure the VESA
driver to to the 1280x800 resolution. While this is not ideal
because it doesn't use the graphics accelerator the 915GM, it
does what I need for now.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and insights offered.

Now on to getting the Audio system working.....

--Richard