Module submission - rxvt-unicode

dagbrown@lart.ca dagbrown at lart.ca
Thu Jun 23 16:57:06 UTC 2005

module name       : rxvt-unicode
suggested section : terminal
update (y/n)      : n
bugfix (y/n)      : n
security (y/n)    : n

I'm not entirely sure why it has the dependency on sysvinit, but that's
what the original rxvt module had, so I didn't mess with it for the
nonce.

I've been using unicode-rxvt for several months now, and it works very
well for me.
Dave Brown
==================== BEGIN BUILD ====================
(

  ./configure  --prefix=/usr                       \
               --sysconfdir=/etc                   \
	       --enable-everything                 \
               $OPTS                               &&
  make                                  &&
  prepare_install                       &&
  make    install

) > $C_FIFO 2>&1
===================== END BUILD =====================

==================== BEGIN DEPENDS ====================
depends sysvinit
===================== END DEPENDS =====================

==================== BEGIN DETAILS ====================
           MODULE=rxvt-unicode
	 VERSION=5.5
          SOURCE=$MODULE-$VERSION.tar.bz2
      SOURCE_URL=http://dist.schmorp.de/$MODULE/
      SOURCE_VFY=sha1:165b690d9c3cbcf2d09c2ef8d519722c286b08e5
        WEB_SITE=http://www.schmorp.de/
         ENTERED=20050623
         UPDATED=20050623
           SHORT="A Unicode-ized version of rxvt"
cat << EOF
 rxvt-unicode is a clone of the well known terminal emulator rxvt.
 It's main features (many of them unique) over rxvt are:

     * Stores text in Unicode (either UCS-2 or UCS-4).
     * Uses locale-correct input, output and width: as long as your
       system supports the locale, rxvt-unicode will display correctly.
     * Daemon mode: one daemon can open multiple windows on multiple
       displays, which improves memory usage and startup time
       considerably.
     * Multiple fonts supported at the same time: No need to choose
       between nice japanese and ugly latin, or no japanese and nice
       latin characters :).
     * Locale-independent XIM support.
EOF