NVIDIA 1.0-7667

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Fri Jul 22 16:30:27 UTC 2005

Dennis Veatch wrote:
> On Friday 22 July 2005 10:51 am, Zbigniew Łuszpiński wrote:
>
>>>These drivers work great with my N6600GT but they always mess up the
>>>sanity checks for XOrg (at least for me anyway). Short of reinstalling
>>>XOrg and finding out who is supposed to be linked or not to whom. Can
>>>someone tell me how to get rid of this error;
>>>
>>>+ Running sanity checks for module "XOrg"
>>>/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a of XOrg is missing.
>>>/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 of XOrg is missing.
>>>/usr/X11R6/lib/libMesaGL.so of XOrg is missing.
>>>/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a of XOrg is missing.
>>>/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.a of XOrg is missing.
>>
>>You can simply turn off sanity checks in lunar control panel.
>
> That's the only work around? Sanity checks are a useful Lunar tool.

well it's not really fair: in all reality the NVIDIA module is
overwriting components from XOrg and that's not good (that's never good).

>>These files are conflicting with nVidia hardware drivers thus they are
>>removed. Thanks to this you always use hardware acceleration.
>
> Hmm sounds like there is no way to use a symlink or anything else.

The best way to solve this is to compile XOrg without GLX and use the
libGLX from NVIDIA, which should solve this problem. UNfortunately I've
never tested this myself, so I can't say if that will work

sofar