NVIDIA 1.0-7667

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Fri Jul 22 14:00:19 UTC 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 11:41 pm, Florin Braescu wrote:
> Pe data de Lun 18 Iul 2005 14:31, Zbigniew Łuszpiński a scris:
> > > .out for weeks -_-
> > >
> > > Version: 1.0-7667
> > > Release "Highlights"
> > > -Added support for GeForce 7800 GTX.
> > > -Fixed problem with certain flatpanels running at 1600x1200.
> > > -Fixed an unresolved symbol issue in libXvMCNVIDIA.so.
> > > -Fixed an unresolved reference to the symbol "gnu_dev_makedev".
> > > -Worked around a bug in Java2D that was exposed in 1.0-7664.
> > > -Improved support for Quadro FX 4000 SDI.
> > >
> > > Works nice on 2.6.11.11
> > >
> > > hf
>
>   Thanks to all who submitted code for this. I have bumped the version in
> the moonbase. I have created a new module too, caled NVIDIA-old which
> preserves the old version because some old NVIDIA graphic cards might not
> work with the new version (my ancient TNT2 card is not recognized with the
> new version). If someone have a problem like that then he must use the
> NVIDIA-old module instead of NVIDIA.

These drivers work great with my N6600GT but they always mess up the sanity
checks for XOrg (at least for me anyway). Short of reinstalling XOrg and
finding out who is supposed to be linked or not to whom. Can someone tell me
how to get rid of this error;

+ Running sanity checks for module "XOrg"
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.a of XOrg is missing.
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 of XOrg is missing.
/usr/X11R6/lib/libMesaGL.so of XOrg is missing.
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a of XOrg is missing.
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.a of XOrg is missing.