Module submission - mod_fastcgi

dagbrown@lart.ca dagbrown at lart.ca
Thu Jul 14 16:42:47 UTC 2005

module name       : mod_fastcgi
suggested section : web
update (y/n)      : n
bugfix (y/n)      : n
security (y/n)    : n

This module depends on apache2, but it CAN be built with Apache 1
according to its documentation--but doing so is absurdly complicated and
involves rebuilding all of Apache with mod_fastcgi in a certain
location.  Since I don't use Apache 1, I didn't do the BUILD section for
that, but I'm submitting this in hopes that it'll be useful for someone.
Maybe someone with a lot of spare time can amend this with an Apache 1
build at some point in the future.

Dave Brown

==================== BEGIN DETAILS ====================
           MODULE=mod_fastcgi
	 VERSION=2.4.2
          SOURCE=$MODULE-$VERSION.tar.gz
      SOURCE_URL=http://www.fastcgi.com/dist/
      SOURCE_VFY=sha1:a56be62a3f08262ae187989f5dacb3464a030e2e
        WEB_SITE=http://www.fastcgi.com/
         ENTERED=20050714
         UPDATED=20050714
           SHORT="A language-independent high-performance extension to CGI"
cat << EOF
FastCGI  is a language independent, scalable, open extension to CGI that
provides high performance without the limitations of server specific APIs.
EOF
===================== END DETAILS =====================

depends apache2

(
  cp Makefile.AP2 Makefile                               &&
  make top_dir=/var/www INCLUDES=-I/usr/include/httpd    &&
  prepare_install                                        &&
  make install top_dir=/var/www
) > $C_FIFO 2>&1